Monday 24 November 2014

Upon Receiving UCAS Offers...


I've always said that I want this blog to be something to store my memories in so I figured I might as well start posting more personal experiences!
Last night, I received an email from UCAS informing me that I had received my final offer for a university place next year. 
I can't decide whether I should be more feeling proud of myself or scared that I'm growing up! 
I'm really glad I've got all of my offers early on because it means that I don't have to let the stress affect my Christmas cheer and I can focus on my friends and their offers now, but still - I feel far too young for all this!
The thought of moving out next year is a very scary one - who is going to tell me to suck it up Megan it's just a paper cut when I'm hurt? Who's going to wake me up when I've been asleep all evening and remind me to eat? Who's going to be my best friend when the whole world is falling apart? 
Then again, moving out means I have a good excuse to start buying little homeward knick-knacks to decorate with!
What do you think? When was the first moment when it really dawned on you that you were growing up?

4 comments

  1. Congratulations on receiving all of your offers! I hope you achieve what it is you want this summer and get to the university you really want to go to.
    The moment it really dawned on me that I was growing up was the moment that I realised I actually need to come up with a plan of action for my life. I am not applying to university this year, it's just not for me, so I've had a lot of pressure from people asking 'why not?' and 'what are you going to do then?'. I'm getting on my way to a sort of plan right now, but ultimately I think I'm going to have to roll with it a little bit and hope things go my way!

    Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've actually got an offer for a different route through university which I've accepted but it's nice to know I have my UCAS offers to fall back on at least!
      I think it's really admirable that you've not followed the 'norm' (at least at my school!) of going to uni and are finding your own path instead :) I wish you all the best with it! x

      Delete
  2. It's such a wonderful life experience at university, it is scary at first but once you find your ground and build a group of friends you are just beginning your life really! It is amazing, congratz on the offers so early too! I don't think I had applied by this time! xx

    veryberrycosmo@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I hope I'll enjoy it as much as you seem to be! Do you have any top tips for when you're just starting?
      I'm a bit of a keen bean when it comes to things like this - I like to have clear goals and know where I'm headed as soon as I can aha! x

      Delete

© Meguana
Maira Gall