Saturday 29 November 2014

The Knot

So tonight's a nice, cosy evening and I'm snuggled up in bed reading on my iPad, and I thought I would do a post about what I'm currently reading. According to the kindle app, I am currently 70% of the way through so I think I'm in a position where I can make a judgement of it!

The reason why I bought the book in the first place was because I've read another of Mark Watson's books - Eleven - and I really enjoyed it.

The premise of the book is that it's an elderly wedding photographer, looking back on his life and reflecting upon his relationship with his family, friends and his wife. I really like Dom, he seems like the kind of person that I would get on well with in real life so it makes the book a bit easier to read. 
Without trying to give too much away, I was really shocked by the plot of this book (so far - who knows what's going to happen next!) as there's some inclusion of some fairly sensitive themes, so I wouldn't really recommend it to young readers. 

A bonus of reading this book that I wasn't expecting is that I can use it for my 'Love Through the Ages' English exam at the end of the year, as it shows Dom's changing relationships throughout his life and he even comments on the effects that the different decades has upon them.

Overall, I'm finding this book to be a really enjoyable read as it's got an easy tone, but it has a lot of substance to it too that makes you think. 

I don't like to put age limits on suggestions often but due to the heavy inclusion of sex in many forms and other mature themes, I would go careful before picking this book up!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Meguana
Maira Gall