Tuesday 10 February 2015

The Body Shop's Camomile Cleaning Butter

Today's post is one that I promised in my January Favourites post last week and it's a review of my new Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter! I bought this after seeing a lot of rave reviews from bloggers and I thought I would add my opinion to the mix. 


If you have never used a cleansing balm before, it is a bit like a solid oil that melts when you apply the heat of your skin and rub it between your fingers. I use about as much as I have shown in this picture for my whole face, rub it between my fingertips and then massage it into my face and eyes to remove any make up I have on.
The balm itself has a lovely soothing fragrance, which is great for when you use it at the end of the day as it really helps to relax you. 
Now if you know me, you'll know I have a tendency to be a bit lazy when it comes to skincare, so this is a bit of a dream product for me! It not only removes your make up, but it cleanses your skin and cleans it, leaving it soft and smelling lovely afterwards! On days where I'm in a bit more of a rush (to have a nap, more often than not...), I use this as my only cleanser and my skin doesn't seem too unhappy about it! I do try to double cleanse most days but for days when I can't, this does seem to do the trick just fine.
My only issue that I've found with this so far is that you need to go careful when using it around your eyes - it has never caused my eyes to sting but if you get it in your eyes, then they do tend to water and obviously getting an oil in it is never really a good idea! 

I've never had an issue removing waterproof mascara with this product and as long as I am thorough in removing my eye makeup, I never seem to have any left around the following morning which is always a good thing to me.

Overall, this is the first product I've tried from The Body Shop's skincare line and I've loved it!
Do you have any recommendations from their range? Let me know!


3 comments

  1. I have heard of The Body Shop in the past, but I just never got around to trying it out. Based off your review this product has similar values of coconut oil, which I can't live without. Extra virgin coconut oil can be very pricey though, How much is this product ? Hopefully this can be a better alternative .

    Only The Brave
    www.onlythebraveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've actually never tried Coconut Oil as a cleanser - I often use it as a moisturiser after using this! The consistencies are very similar and the way that they turn into an oil on your hands. I have a tub of Coconut Oil from the Superdrug basics range if you're looking for something a bit cheaper? Not sure how it compares purity wise to any other brand though x

      Delete
  2. Somebody told me to shop through blackwood and i think it's right I came to know about BLACKWOOD FOR MEN hair and skin and it's really awesome

    ReplyDelete

© Meguana
Maira Gall