Wednesday 7 January 2015

Candy Canes Candles in January?

Personally, I absolutely adore Christmas candles but I do think they have their time and their place. That's not so much because I don't want to smell the candles in the middle of July, but I associate scents and memories really strongly together so I don't really want to make my Christmas candles less special by mixing them with summer memories, if that makes any sense?

However, that all changed when I smelled this candle from Bomb Cosmetics. The candle is described as:
Delicious candy cane scents, with notes of sweetened caramel and vanilla. With pure frankincense and cinnamon essential oils.
I'm not the best when it comes to scents but if I'm honest, I can't really smell any of that! To me, it's a very light, sweet scent but it's also a bit fruity - almost like artificially flavoured sweets. There is definitely a spicier undertone if you smell it in the tin, but it doesn't come across really when you burn it.
One thing to be wary of with this candle, and there is a warning on the inside of the lid, is that as it is in a metal tin, it gets very hot when it is burning so make sure you light it on a heat-proof surface to avoid getting any burnt furniture! 
Overall, I'm quite happy with this candle. I think it makes a lovely gift (I received it as a Christmas present from my little sister!) as there are red and white wax hearts inside which look so sweet, plus it's my favourite colour so I was in love immediately! I'll be interested to see just how long this candle burns for, as the tin claims 45-50 hours but it didn't seem to want to burn all the way to the edges when I had it lit the other day so I'm not sure if I'll just end up with wax built up around the side, but I'll let you know!

Have you ever tried any of the Bomb Cosmetics candles before? Should I pick up some more scents?





4 comments

  1. I love Bomb Cosmetics, so I imagine this candle really does smell amazing xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever tried this candle from them but I do love it! x

      Delete
  2. Bomb cosmetic seems like something I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that they're really good and I'm impressed by this so far x

      Delete

© Meguana
Maira Gall