Sunday 3 January 2016

Three Little Things


I was reading Lauren's blog post yesterday where she talked about creating goals for 2016 that would lead to her becoming healthier and happier and decided to write a similar post of my own. 2015 for me was a year of getting things done and whilst it was very productive (everything from passing my driving test to getting into university), I can't help but feel like the time ran away from me and in my mind, it may as well still be March for how surreal most of it felt! Therefore my goals for this year are all around keeping me grounded in the moment and making the most of the time I do have. So without further ado..

1. Create a routine for myself
Going to uni was one of the most brilliant things to ever happen to me, but I can't deny that it really unsettled me in many ways. The biggest thing that I've learnt from the last term is that I really really need a routine in order to be a productive person! Knowing that the next few months will be spent working fills me slightly with dread at the idea of not being able to take sporadic naps throughout the day, but I know how much I enjoy being productive when I'm actually doing it and how much more energy it gives me! I also want to start going to the gym more regularly not hard to go more regularly than twice a month I suppose but without putting too much pressure on myself to go. It probably helps that I've just signed up to a 24 hour gym, so I can use it whenever it gets to 2am and I'm going stir crazy in my room with nothing to do with all that energy!

2. Restart monthly round-up posts
I did these for a good chunk of the start of 2015 and I really regret not continuing them, as I think they're such a good way to document what has gone on in my life that particular month, and shows a more rounded picture of my life! I haven't got a 2016 calendar as of yet so I'm not entirely sure how I'll do these posts, but I'm sure I'll think of a way...

3. Take advantage of any and all opportunities
This was something I used to do a lot more of when I was at school than I have done recently, but I never regretted taking advantage of all the different things I was fortunate enough to be able to do and I think I need to get back into trying new things! At the end of the day, you never know how you feel about something until you've tried it, and what with so many new and brilliant people having joined my life in 2015, now is the perfect time to be doing it!

So those are my three main goals of 2016 - not quite resolutions or things to restrict myself to, but things to aim towards. I wish you all a very happy new year and hope you've had a lovely festive season!

*image courtesy of Huddle

1 comment

  1. I like those goals! I have been at uni for a while and helps to have some sort of routine but don't stress about it too much if it goes wrong. Some days I just need to drop my routine and focus on what my gut tells me and I never regret it :)
    And I love monthly round up posts, so big thumbs up to that :)
    Love,
    Jenny
    Jenny Side Up

    ReplyDelete

© Meguana
Maira Gall