Sunday 24 February 2019

Megan's Cookies


I've recently gotten into the habit of spending my Sunday afternoons baking some sweet treats for the team I'm working with in the following week, to keep morale up and mostly just gives me an excuse to keep baking even though I live alone! So far I've done a lemon drizzle cake, chocolate orange chip cake and brownies, but this week's cookies were just too good not to share - if you like gooey cookies à la Millie's Cookies, you might want to try this out!


For this recipe, you will need:
125g softened margarine
115g soft brown sugar
110g golden caster sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
A dash of salt
As many chocolate chips as your heart desires!
...Plus some chocolate buttons for decoration

1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees fan
2. In a large bowl, mix together the two different sugars, then cream together with the margarine
3. Add the egg and the vanilla extract and mix well
4. Sift in the flour and salt, mix until a dough forms
5. Add your chocolate chips of choice!
6. Form small lumps of dough, about the size of a golf ball. Put these on your lined baking tray, making sure to leave PLENTY of space between them because boy, do these babies grow while they're in the oven! I was doing 3 at a time on quite a small tray so there was definitely room between them all.
7. Cook for between 7 and 10 mins, depending on the size of the cookies and how gooey vs chewy you want them to be. I personally did about 8 mins, which is just as they were starting to brown at the edges
8. When the cookies come out of the oven, they will be very puffy but don't worry, they sink down a bit! While they're still warm, put a chocolate button in the top for added decoration.
9. Leave to cool on a cooling rack (I did this in front of my balcony doors making the most of the sunshine for once!)
10. Enjoy your cookies!

Let me know if you end up trying this recipe, I'd love to see your results. Happy Sunday!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Meguana
Maira Gall